Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Softer Side of Mandyland.



Took BellaBoo to see Disney Pictures' "Enchanted" today and I was completely blown away. I'm a Disneyphile (those who know me call it a sickness, but WTF do they know? My mother says I want to be a "fairy fucking princess" and, you know what, she's right. So, suck it.), and I grew up in the late 80s and 90s just when Alan Menken and Howard Ashman (RIP) were completely blowing the studio out of the water and onto the pages of history.

"Enchanted" was adorable. I loved it. I can't say enough. Stephen Schwartz teamed up with Menken on this one, and the song above, "That's How You Know"*, reintroduces Menken to a whole new generation of fans. (and I still love Schwartz for getting me tickets to see "Wicked" last June. His daughter is a friend of my cousin, who lives in NYC.)

(Boo, however, was pissed that Giselle -- whose name she keeps forgetting by calling her "Wazzelle" -- ended up with Robert instead of the prince. So apparently she's also vying for the "Fairy Fucking Princess" title.)

Guys, suck it up and take the ladies to see it. Because all girls? Secretly want to be princesses.




* Josh, I already got the soundtrack, so prepare for some princessing in the office this week.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I got hooked on Steven Schwartz's soundtracks with "Pippin" I am so psyched to check this one out. At least I've got one boy on board to go see it with his "SO not a princess" mommy.

Anonymous said...

We saw it over the weekend and it was indeed ADORABLE!!!! Tell Bella that Prince's come in all shapes and sizes and don't always have puffy sleeves!!