Monday, December 10, 2007

Mars and Venus on Music.

A random instant message from me to Josh today while listening to my iPod:

ME:
Is Timbaland black?

JOSH: Yes...Timberlake is white

ME: wtf
ME: So "Apologize"
ME: that's Timbaland, right?

JOSH: yeah
JOSH: he produced it
JOSH: he doesn't sing it

ME: oh
ME: well, who sings it?
ME: Cuz he sounds white
ME: Jesus, I'm confused

JOSH: some lame ass group sings it...but Timbaland produced it

ME: I like it.
ME: You're lame assed
ME: And....
ME: wait for it...
ME: wait...
ME: wait...
ME: it was on...
ME: GOSSIP GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stony silence on his end. So Venus gets the last word.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, but Timbaland did release a remix on his album. Remember when Timbaland produced "SexyBack?" That confused the hell out of white people for a while.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Wait. On who's album. Timberlake? Timbaland produced Timberlake's album.

Shit, now I'm confused again.

Ryan The Intern said...

And I bet they both cheer for the Timberwolves!

Anonymous said...

The only thing you shouldn't be confused of is that song was on GOSSIP GIRL! That show ROCKS! It's one of my guilty pleasures...

And the song is by OneRepublic (a bunch of white dudes and originally a BORING song)...Timberland reproduced it on his Shock Value Album, but he doesn't sing on the song. I'm thinking it was just the beats that he helped with.