Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Getting to Know You...

Got this in my e-mail. Thought it would be good blog fodder...

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you...Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love to wrap.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I heart my tree.

3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving — after my Black Friday splurge and a nap

4. When do you take the tree down? Eh. Somewhere around New Year's. I've left it up long enough to be a Martin Luther King tree before.

5. Do you like eggnog? Sure, I guess. Don’t drink the nog much.

6. Favorite gift received? Hmmm... Probably my wine casethat Bill bought me in 2001. It was a total surprise.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. No real place to put it, and the cats would probably make a toy out of the baby Jesus, anyway.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Bill’s dad. Dude needs to get a hobby.

9 Easiest person to buy for? Bella. She’s four and gives me an explicit list.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Bill bought me a hairdryer in 2004. I got diamond earrings the year after. He apparently learned his lesson...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? “A Christmas Story.”

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long. I have a gift closet I keep stocked.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. <hangs head in shame>

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? White chocolate covered pretzels and my grandma’s caramel nut goodies. Also, my mom's cereal nut crunch.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights. Actually, I like colored better, but Bill always seems to win this fight.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We go to Eminence to Bill’s mom’s on Christmas Eve, then to Aunt Bettie’s on Christmas day and to my parents’ on Christmas Eve.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I think so. Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Vixen, Comet, Cupid and Blitzen, Rudolph... Wait. I think I’m missing one... So no. I can’t. (Ok, I just googled it, and I'm missing Prancer.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel. She’s purdy.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. That’s OUR time.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Parking spaces, cold weather.

23. What do you like most about Christmas? Presents. Duh.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thanks, I am borrowing, lol!