Monday, September 29, 2008
Saturday, we had not one but TWO birthday parties. The best part of that was that they were both in the neighborhood -- which meant I could dump them and run. One of the parties had a rented bouncy castle:
I shit you not, manufacturers will slap Disney princesses on everything from notebook paper to toilet paper if they think girls will coerce their parents into buying it. The weather was gorgeous and my child spent all day outside instead of planted in front of the television mindlessly watching "Spongebob Squarepants" for hours on end.
Yesterday could be classified as the "best day ever." My sister-in-law and I went to see the limited engagement running of "RENT Filmed LIVE on Broadway."
Essentially, a camera crew filmed the exact Broadway version. The movie even had a 10-minute intermission. (The cast members playing Roger and Mimi were A-MAZ-ING.)
Eryn and I were the only ones in the theater until about 10 minutes before showtime, when a memaw in a mumu hobbled around the corner. She drew in a gasp and said, "how can it not be packed?" She then hobbled up the stairs, chose a seat and declared the show too long and she's need a potty break. She asked Eryn and I to watch her popcorn (because apparently there are popcorn thieves? WTF?).
RIGHT before the big death scene (I mean, before it even happens), there's a quiet pause. We hear a HUGE sob. Sure enough, it's memaw. Apparently she knew what was coming. Memaw needs to get a grip.
We then had my most favoritest meal ever, Taco Soup, for dinner to celebrate Eryn's birthday.
I'm finally winding down. I think I need a do-over on my weekend since that whole "downtime" thing is utter crap.
* I only WISH our house looked like that. THAT is the beauty which is UCF's house. NICE ONE, ladies!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
DJX Birthday Bash -- anyone over 19 there is a douche.
* Not really. We just claim her.
In case you can't see the *teeny tiny* price there, these exact sunglasses sell on the Michael Kors Web site for ----------------- $150.
That makes about as much sense as this picture:
1. Gray hoodie sweatshirts make people look homeless. Of course, the guy I saw it on was homeless, but I wondered if mine makes me look like that, so it will be going to Goodwill on my next run. Does the fact that it's a GAP hoodie make it less homeless-y?
2. My Starbucks order makes me sound like an asshole. I got a triple venti nonfat latte, extra hot with five Splendas. Then I tried to use my free coupon for their new oatmeal, and canceled the order and told the guy I really wasn't hungry. Which made me look like a total douchebagette. And blonde.
3. My Starbucks boyfriend/ barista (o?), Will, cut his hair and grew a beard. If he put a gray hoodie on, he would look totally homeless.
4. "90210" is about to get good. Also, they performed two songs from "Spring Awakening" last night. And it didn't suck too bad. They should totally keep Brenda around. And Shannen Doherty has some big hips.
5. Photoshoot day at work. Not much sounds good except for linguine with anchovies. That's right -- this bitch loves the little fishies.
6. Our neighbor called to borrow a bow for her daughter's picture day. Apparently, Gracie lost all her bows –– so I'm going to let her borrow one of OUR CUSTOM-MADE bows, just so she can lose it? Um, no. Good thing we didn't have a solid one that would match her uniform.
7. Facebook is cool. My mom now has a Facebook page, and she's mooching all my friends from high school from my profile. My mom is cool, too.
8. We need kitty litter, kitty food and bottled water. Need to remember to stop at the grocery on the way home.
9. School buses give me road rage. Especially when they stop EVERY FUCKING BLOCK. Can't those kids WALK to one central stop so it doesn't take me 18 minutes to go down Breckenridge Street? Also, Breckenridge Street is pretty scary. There are a lot of boarded up buildings.
Yeah, my commute is about 20 minutes too long...
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Mine entails dinner with Charmed and Dunnski at Sake Blue tonight:
and three hours of baby-lovin' tomorrow with the cutest babeh in the world:
My nephew, Conor. (Yes, his hair completely stands on end like a cartoon character's.)
I also get my kid back:
from my mother-in-law's, where she's been camped out since Wednesday night because all the schools are out (they betta <insert head roll and snap> be back in on Monday or I'm going to lose it ).
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Down spout bit it.
I brought the cushions in off the front porch after I found them against the railing. They were probably safer in the 75 mph winds than from Miss Shedsalot.
Bunnies fall down, go boom.
Also, one seems to have lost its ass.
I can haz escape route?
Boo and Baby K color in the grass.
(K's my BFF's 20-month-old daughter.)
kids sticks and puffed sugar and put them in front of open flames.
Texas, I'm so sorry (Daniele and Beth, I'm thinking of you!). Also, Florida. And Louisiana and all the other states who know how to handle this shit. We lost power for 36 hours in my neighborhood, and it was fun for a while, but we were all packed to go to my mom's when the power came back on about midnight last night. My thoughts are with those cleaning up right now.
Monday, September 15, 2008
I swear to God if we don't get power back soon, I'm going to go all Kanye West on his ass.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
I am literally gagging on the syruping sweetness while simultanously waiting for the Skinimax make-out scene.
* Not that there's anything wrong with that. Seriously. I just cried at Ellen's video clips of her wedding to Portia. Gorgeous.
** For the record, I've never seen Doodles frolick with ANY dog, regardless of gender.
I did manage to go to lunch and to the mall on Saturday, even though I only made it to two stores before I got all hot and sweaty and tired and had to leave, but I got my two errands run and I got to see something other than the inside of this house, which was nice.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
So, I've got nuthin' left in me. Nothing. I'm all detoxed. So essentially, I'm like Lindsay Lohan. Which means if I turn gay after the surgery, I can blame it on the detox.
Also, white wine and vodka should totally be on my approved list of clear liquids.