Monday, November 5, 2007

In a death match between ...


Zyrtec D and Valium, Zyrtec D totally wins.

Yesterday, I knew my head would be a wreck without Sudafed. Unfortunately, the assholes at Kroger don't open their pharamacy until who-knows-when on Sunday afternoon, and since the assholes in government make us SIGN for it now, I could not buy any yesterday morning (I should have blown my nose and wiped it on the pharmacy windows. Then they might have gotten the picture). That forced me to take a prescription Zyrtec D at about 7 p.m.

I then tried to offset the pseudoephedrine with one of my two precious remaining Valiums at about midnight when I was still wide awake (props to the car alarm that went off at 12:45 a.m.), which was pretty effing stupid on my end I admit. And a complete waste.

I now see why pseudoepedrine is used to make meth. It totally kicked Valium's ass. I was "Heroes" wired last night -- I could even taken on Nikki, and maybe even Peter Petrelli.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like fun-NOT.

I hate not being able to sleep until 6am, then waking at 9:45. Ugh. I only have one medicine now and the monograph says it makes you sleepy. I don't think so!

Somehow, I suspect you'll need some coffee today-let me send you a cup. :)

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Thanks! I think I must've slept a little ... just not well!

Suzanne said...

Can't you duck out early, begging off on that cold?

Oh wait, you'd still have to pick up Bella. Being at work probably won't be as taxing!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

You got that right. Tonight's swim class. I'd rather drink battery acid.