Friday, November 23, 2007

Exhausted.

Woke up at 5:30 a.m. and hit Target at 6:03 a.m. It was jam packed and a mess -- my best move was to go sans cart and dive in head first. I got most everything I wanted, but I somehow cut in line while I was checking out and almost got a beat down by three women, but I wuz raised in Okolona and still have a bit of white trash in me so I held my own*. Went from Target to Michael's, but they were out of the topiaries I wanted.

Then I hit the mall, and hella-scored at Bath and Body Works (hellooo $5 Wallflowers) and Old Navy. Disney store was kind of a bust, but I got two little princess baby dolls for $10 each, so that was pretty sweet, even if I just give them to Toys for Tots (because I? Am all about the nice).

Hit Taco Bell at 10:30 a.m. like Britney on a bender and crashed for 21/2 hours. Downed half a pot of coffee before my folks came over to help us trim the tree and eat some KFC. BooBerry was completely out of control -- running around, screaming "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and pretending to be a vampire by sucking everyone's blood (wtf? She ran through the house yelling "suck me" all night.).


Tree in the great room.


Disney-themed tree in the dining room
(and Callie's new bed -- look closely below the tree!)


We managed to get both trees up, but still have to decorate the outside of the house. I keep finding ornaments I bought last year and it's a complete pain. It also looks like I didn't buy wrapping paper last year, which completely sucks, and now means I'm going to be wrapping presents in Blues Clues paper.



* I lie. My face totally turned red and I got all hot and flushed. But I didn't get out of the line. I'd already lost my place and couldn't go back. I gave them a $10 off coupon I had as a thinly-veiled apology. I was also traumatized for a good hour afterwards.

No comments: