Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Black Friday, Anyone?

I didn't used to enjoy the Black Friday rush, but then I began looking at it as a sport. There's something satisfying in getting caught up in the "get-your-hands-off-that-digital picture frame, bitch-it's mine" madness. I've already scoured the ads that have been leaked online, have a notebook full of notes, and am ready to go.

With that said, here are my tips to prepare:

1. Wear comfortable clothing, and have it ready to go on Friday morning, preferably in another room so you don't wake up your significant other (because they have to watch the kids while you bust it at Target).

Take my BF outfit, for instance:

Comfy and cute. Layers -- they're your friend when you're running in and out of stores.

2. Don't weigh yourself down with a heavy purse. Instead, opt for a wristlet:
An outside pocket holds your cellphone, and there's room inside for a pen (to mark off your list). Don't forget lip balm or gloss, ladies. The air is dry and crusty lips are a no-no.

3. Cash! A must for buying an Auntie Anne's pretzel and a Starbucks latte for breakfast.

4. A plain white envelope. Leave it in your car, and put all Black Friday receipts in it to keep them together.

5. A clean vehicle. Make sure your trunk is empty and all toys and trash removed.

Anyone got any other tips? I say, bring it on.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Instead of my usual closing shift, I am on at 9am Friday. Not that I want to be IN the stores anyway.

I learned something cool a few years ago. Some of the store's websites start offering their Black Friday deals online THURSDAY. That's how we scored the top few gifts a couple of years ago-and were able to bring them into the house with the kids!

N.F. said...

I have THREE Coach wristlets.

I LIVE in them. :)

Ryan The Intern said...

Brass knuckles. Best Buy is a bitch.

Anonymous said...

Great tips I have a couple more over at my blog.