Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hi, My Name is ...

... Mandy, and I'm a Little Pet Shop addict.
Oh, and I also have problems with My Little Ponies.

It's been one hour, 12 minutes since my last purchase... (pause)

Oh, wait ... (Damn you, Amazon.)

It's been 18 minutes since my last purchase. It all started with Beanie Babies, or maybe it was Cabbage Patch Kids. I had to have every last one. I can remember standing in line at the Galleria at 8 a.m. waiting for this little shop in the mall to open at 10 -- with about 150 other women. We all wanted those effing Beanie Babies. Yes, my mother paid $100 for the Princess and Erin bears (wtf?) Yes, we drove to dozens of Kentuckiana McDonald's locations to get the Teenie Beanies in the Happy Meals -- and I remember the wastebaskets being FULL of uneaten Happy Meals. All those starving kids in Somalia, and we were throwing away food for tiny stuffed animals.

The damn Beanies are still in a foot locker in my basement. About $2,000+-worth of them.

And now, it's starting all over again. BooBerry has more than 30 My Little Ponies, and she finally told me she "had enough, Mommy. I don't need any more ponies."

Touché.

I probably shouldn't have seen her playing with a Littlest Pet Shop set this morning when I dropped her off at school, because I bought a 10-pack of LPS animals and a play set on my way in to work, then ordered the Round N Round Town:



But hey -- at least it's for my mother-in-law to give to Boo at Christmas...




(Also, why does that pony look like her name should be Svetlana and she should be yodeling in the Swiss Alps?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ash, my youngest, at last count, had 64 of the Littlest Pet Shops. With more on the way for Christmas. She is past addiction, we need an intervention.