Wednesday, January 9, 2008

So Continental.

Bill called from Las Vegas last night and said his boss and his boss' boss were talking about international travel and they might be heading for conferences/vendors/tech companies outside the U.S. this year.

Now, two things can only come of that for me:
1) VACATION!
2) Frequent Flyer Miles

I have a passport, but it is dated 1998 (or 1999), is in my maiden name and has exactly three stamps in it for my three international trips –– Barbados, Paris and St. Thomas. Only one trip, our honeymoon, was post 9/11 in 2001, and I'm not even sure I got a stamp for that one since it is technically a US territory. (Although it's a funky-assd one -- I've never seen so many loose cows, goats and scary hills in my life. I swear I thought our bus was going to tumble down one of those crumbling hills at at minute. I had my inhaler in my hand the whole time.)

So now I have one of two options -- to just get a brand new one (and I'll have to wait until the cold sores clear up if I'm going to get a picture made fer sure) or to get mine renewed with my new name. The second option is cheaper (but still requires a herpes-free picture and I don't know how long it is good for). I have no idea where our original marriage license is (Bill might, though), but I do know where my old passport is. So that's a plus.

Still, I hope Bill gets to go someplace good. And not, like, Tibet or Yugoslavia, especially since my Uggs are on back order.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

If you go someplace cold and cruddy for tourism, I hope the food and wine more than make up for it!