Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another reason why buffets scare me.

Pair Claims Buffet Restaurant Banned Them for Hearty Eating.

Ever since I was at a Ryan's Steakhouse and watched a kid fill his plastic plate with a heaping, steaming pile of corn, then cover the mound with his hand and dump the corn water back into the steam tray, I've had a love/hate relationship with buffets. Bill loves them, and I ha- tolerate them. (My favorite was at a Golden Corral, where I saw a kid sporting around a plate of ham and candy corn. Good nutrition there, bub.)

Still, isn't this discrimination?

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

For future reference, if you see anything like that again, notify a staffer of what you saw.

Any decent place would be horrified and remove and pitch the item ASAP.

Yes, I pitched on a fairly regular basis when I managed a restaurant with a salad bar.

It's also why, until this year, my kids were not given free reign to go up to any buffet-one of us had to be with them getting their food.

Anonymous said...

Dunnski has an irrational fear of buffets as well.

Dunnski Love said...

After hearing that story you find my fear irrational?

Have I told you about the Ryan's salad bar in Kansas City that was home to a FISH HOOK?

Anonymous said...

Come on...Ryan's as ALL YOU CAN EAT STEAK!!!!!

I heart steak.

Dunnski Love said...

Also, "Corn Water" would be a good name for a band.

Anonymous said...

So would "All you can eat steak", I would for sure by that CD!!!