Saturday, January 5, 2008

Never again.

Build-A-Bear on a Saturday morning is like a crackhouse to a crack fiend. Lots of goods but not enough money. I swear to God this is the only place on Earth where a four-year-old can leave with a $357 teddy bear in under ten minutes flat.

Boo ended up with this one:


and I have to admit, it's pretty cute in the Valentine's Day pink and red fairy dress it (she?) is wearing. But I saw about 10 eight-year-olds at some kid named Emily's birthday party there (and, really? Do we all have to sing Happy Birthday Cha Cha Cha to Emily, who I don't know and will never see again? Umm, no.) and I just kept thinking that that birthday party? Cost twice as much as the Uggs I want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. A couple of years ago I had a Build a Bear party for my oldest in May. Then my youngest wanted on in July on her B-day, it is ONLY fair. Those things are not cheap!!!