Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kids are resilient ...

... parents, not so much.

Last Saturday, Bill went to the immediate care center with a fever, horrible sore throat, aches and pains, chills, etc... He's been at home recuperating ever since.

Monday, I took BooBerry to school and went to work. Her teacher called about 10:30 and said she had a fever, sore throat, yada yada yada. So I had a sick husband at home, a sick kid I had to take to the doctor's office ...

... and wouldn't you know it, I stayed home yesterday to take care of them both -- and started getting sick myself.

Now, I have a good, old-fashioned head cold that blind-sighted me sans sore throat, so I wasn't able to start Zicamming it. I feel totally ick, Boo still has a fever and has to stay home -- and Bill has to go to work, so there's nobody to take care of me.

Being a sick Mommy sucks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it does. Hope you feel better soon!

BTW - when are those sores going away??? I WANT TO DO LUNCH!! **stomping feet and throwing tantrum**

YESH said...

Suck it up!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

jk: You suck.

C: When I get my hearing back. My head is so clogged I feel like I'm swimming under water. Yicky.

Ryan The Intern said...

Man, you figured out that cadaver thing just in time.

Suzanne said...

Hope you're improving today. Bein sick sucks