Monday, January 7, 2008

"Bring it on."

If I could "bring it," I totally "brought it" tonight. And I? Am freaking exhausted.

We got home at about 4:45 p.m. It's now 9:30 p.m. and I. Just. Sat. Down. Here's what filled the time:
* Got the mail
* Filled the bird feeders
* Fixed supper*
* Fed the cats
* Cut out 278 effing Campbell's Labels for Education from Pepperidge Farms bread bags (I'm not kidding. My hands freakin' hurt after an hour and a half. I completely forgot I had to do this for the PTA. I'm so proud I didn't slice my hand open with the box cutter I was using.)
* Watched STRANGER SAFETY with BooBerry TWICE and tried to make the concept of a "Kinda Know" person (FYI? Your swim coach, Little League coach, Dad's friend, etc. are all "Kinda Know" people) to a four-year-old who thinks everyone is AWESOME (she now knows to kick all strangers in the balls** while yelling "NO! YOU'RE NOT MY MOM! NO! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!")
* Cleaned the litter box
* Did the dishes
* Did one load of laundry
* Put B in the shower and dried her hair
* Packed her backpack since school starts up again tomorrow (WTF with the random Monday off)
* Medicine, toothbrushing, song & snuggle, bed

Whew. Finally. I get to settle down to "Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann" when, WAIT. Boo is missing her puppy, which is downstairs on the chair. She's hollering for it. I run it upstairs. She wants hugs. Because she is sad and missing Daddy.

And finally. Finally. I get to sit.


Single moms, you are freakin' awesome.



* OK, I heated up left overs. But at least I fucking did it over Taco Bell.
** Well, the ball-kicking might be MY OWN PERSONAL addition to the DVD. They seem to have left that part out.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes?

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Hee. Caught me mid-post. I was giving a shout out to you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but we dont ROCK as much as the moms that cut out 278 effing Campbell's Labels. =)

Gypsydoodlebug said...

They're from those stupid bread bags. Some lady in our school gets them from the distributor to feed to her pigs or horses or something, so she has TONS of them. My left hand still hurts.