Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mall Etiquette 101

Bill, Boo and I spent the afternoon helping his 80-year-old Aunt Bettie (who, by the way still travels out of the country and can drink me under the table) pick up a bookshelf from Bombay Company at the mall. She treated us to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen and afterward, Boo and I walked down to the Disney Store.

Now, this is conjecture, but I believe the greater American populace would concur with me that what I saw today is completely unacceptable. First, while in the Disney Store, I saw a 20-something woman in pajama bottoms, fuzzy slippers and an oversized sweatshirt. And she was buying kids clothing, I assume, for her child. Which makes one think that she is effing old enough to know that fuzzy slippers are not appropriate shoewear for Wal-Mart, let alone the mall.

Second, as we were leaving, I saw a 60-year-old woman wearing leggings and those huge fuzzy knee-height boots. The ones with the pom-poms. Clearly, no one outside of an Alaskan dog-sledder or above the age of 25 should be sporting those. I was embarassed for her. The only thing worse would have been if she were naked.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Your mall sure attracts the weird ones. Is there another one you can shop at? ;)

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Yeah, but it has all the mall rats. Not that I'm a mall rat.

Ryan The Intern said...

Maybe you just mixed up the ages?