Sunday, January 6, 2008

Is there a DREAM doctor in the house?

I had three pretty whacked out dreams last night. I'm sure it has something to do with sleeping alone. And Callie messing with me from 6:30 a.m. on since she was hungry. (She was literally digging in the pillows to find my hands so I'd pet her. And she has the loudest purr on the planet).

But I digress.

In the first dream, I was in college, and the part I remember was my room was right across the hall from Bill's (mind you, we didn't even go to the same college for undergrad) and the door to the room next to his kept opening on its own. When I left my room, I kept shutting it because I didn't want anyone to steal anything. Finally, I remember him and a friend walking down the hall holding gifts for a Secret Santa exchange. As I approached him from the opposite end, they both tried to hide the presents. In a fit of rage, I snatched them up and tore open the packages. Bill's said "TO AMY FROM BILL". Both were
Grumpy Bear. In two sizes. And Bill's was smaller. (WTFFFFFFFF?)

Then I woke up, or that's all I remember. I have no idea who "Amy" is, and I know Bill doesn't even know an "Amy." But I pity Bill and imaginary Amy for the wrath that was about the be released on them. I was even pissed when I woke up (double WTF?).

In the second dream, my family and I were swimming in the Louisiana bayou in a small, deep river (yeah, nevermind the fact that they're probably teeming with gators. I never said these dreams made sense.) And my parents' dog, Ginger (she's supposed to be part-collie, but it had to be a collie mating with a collie, cuz we don't see anything else in her) was with us. We had big floating rafts, and we didn't see Ginger for a while. I swam over to a raft, flipped it over to climb on, and Ginger was dead beneath it. I grabbed her, performed doggie mouth-to-mouth. And she was saved.


Gross.


Finally (are you still with me?), I dreamed my brother was getting married (same girl. It just hadn't happened yet). I was chatting on a deck with my sorority sisters (???) and my dad came in and started yelling at me that we had to get started (double ????). I went to get "something old" out of an old jewelry box I have ...

... and found about a dozen old pairs of earrings that match my new aquamarine ring

that you guys voted for. And then BooBerry woke me up, and it was already 8 a.m. (Bless her for sleeping in.)


So, uhhhhh, yeaaahhh, that was my night... how was yours?

1 comment:

NH Yocal said...

That's so cool that you remember your dreams. I do on occasion and sometimes they are so weird I have a hard time even piecing anything together.