Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Today, let's talk about ...

... manpris -- capris for the modern male.

I've never actually seen manpris before, but my buddy Jeremy swears he loves them and contends that if women can wear them, the modern male should be able as well (although I haven't actually seen him wear a pair before and would probably give him hell for at least 48 hours over it.).

So, Bill I were waiting for a streetcar in SF last week, and I look in front of me and see this:



Discuss.

(Bonus points if anyone can translate the saying on the shirt. Dude was soooo not American, as only a foreigner could get away with sportin' this pair of manpris without getting his ass kicked here. Or maybe that's just a Kentucky thing and San Franciscans wouldn't understand.)

4 comments:

Wee said...

It is not my day

Ryan The Intern said...

Obviously, when the discussion turns to manpris, we focus our attention on French tennis dreamboat Rafael Nadal. He's fairly successful and his manpris have become a sort of trademark for him. Of course, you can't overlook the fact that he's French, much like the gentleman in your picture. Maybe it's a French men thing. In which case, us American bastions of brawn on this side of the Atlantic should avoid them like the Zubaz.

Anonymous said...

Everyone is so dead wrong on this topic. Do you also believe the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth? Manpri's are a beautiful thing. Half pants, half shorts. What's not to love.

Yes, I do own a pair which I happily purchased at the Guess store at the Summit in Louisville. Yes, my wife gives me hell for my gay fashion sense, but I wear them with pride anyway!

MD, you haven't seen them because I won't wear them in the office since their akin to shorts in some degree. But, rest assured, you just may possibly see them on the flight to Atlantic City or some other destination on day.

Long live Manpris!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...manpris? I am finding this topic very disturbing.