Saturday, August 11, 2007

Taking down the library bitches.

Yesterday, I went to pick up my reserved copy of Queen of Babble in the Big City, Meg Cabot's sequel to Queen of Babble.

So I walked up to the counter, gave the librarian my card, and she pulled the book. It was the FIRST book, not the sequel. So I politely told her that was the wrong book.

She proceeded to argue with me, and even turned her monitor around to show me the computer says it was right. Um, no, it wasn't. It was the SEQUEL I wanted, lady.

After going 'round for a few bits, I finally marched over to the Bestsellers section, pulled that copy (which can only be checked out for 7 days), and took it back to the counter to SHOW her it was the wrong book. Two different covers. See? See here how Lizzie is covering her mouth on the FIRST book, and sitting in the second? See?

Her response? "So you wanna check that one out?", pointing to the Bestseller Queen of Babble in the Big City.

Whatever. Just give me the damn book. I can read it in seven days. So much for taking it to San Francisco with me.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've got that one on reserve, too. Love Meg Cabot! Met her aunt at work a few months ago-she was a trip. Then I looked at four of five of the books, and her aunt gets dedications. Cool.

Oh, if you like her and you want some witty and sarcastic romance, check out Katie MacAllister.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Oooh! I need a new author! I'll have to check her out. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Those damn librarians! The think they know EVERYTHING!!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Finished it in 24 hours. Booo yah!