Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"My Heart Hurts."

Today has been a roller coaster of a day. While in the dressing room at Old Navy (yeah, I'm still shopping there despite their shitty, holey clothing and bad customer service; and yeah, I fly cross country to shop at the SAME FRIGGIN' STORE we have at home), BooBerry's teacher called. I lunged for the phone, but missed the call. She then phoned Bill, who called me. BooBerry was complaining of her "heart hurting" and was rubbing her chest.

We immediately called her grandmother, who's staying with her at our house. She rushed to the school and took her to the doctor, who checked her blood pressure and her heart and proclaimed her just fine.

Still, it was scary. And it ruined my shopping trip this morning. Hard to check out couture purses and eyeliner when your daughter might have heart problems.

Tonight, we went to Alioto's. Bill had calamari, a sauteed seafood combination of prawns, crab, scallops (ick) and oysters in a white wine musroom sauce served with rice. My buddy Rick had a spicy calamari appetizer, the same entree as Bill -- and both boys enjoyed fabulous bricks of tiramisu. I enjoyed a cup of clam chowder, a whole dungeoness crab ($39!) and chocolate cake. Yum.

Rick then walked us down to the uber-touristy Pier 39 to see the sea lions!



I totally want one. Makes me want to pull a total Veruca Salt. (A note to ppl who visit this blog - that's one of the pictures I took!!)

Here's a picture of us...


not the best one tonight, but the other one had two business-casual-on-expense-accounts-and-talking-on-their-cell phones nerds in the background.

1 comment:

YESH said...

Talk about rubbing it in our face with your good vacation. Tell Rick he has permission to leave you at Alcatraz