Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Random.

This morning, I'm feeling especially strange. Dunno why -- maybe it's the venti skim latte (extra hot with five Splendas) I downed on my way into work, and then promptly refilled the cup with office swill (minorly hot with three Splendas and an assload of Half & Half). I forgot my breakfast (eggs I fry in the office kitchen and turkey bacon) so all that caffeine is sloshing around in an empty stomach. It's about 283 degrees outside (not that I'm an outside girl, but I DO have to walk from the parking lot approximately 35 steps into my building, and that's 35 steps too many in this heat. Seriously. I saw people RUNNING this morning on my way to work. WTF's wrong with you people?). I'm PMSing.

It's not a pretty combination.

I switched on my work computer, only to find the screen faded and my e-mail fonts looked weird. I called Josh over and he took a look, shook his head and muttered "You're on drugs" as he left my diminuitive cubicle. Well, it looked funny to me.

Perhaps its the fact that 8 hours of this lay before me.

There are a few sites I check every morning. One is the For Better or For Worse Web site. I also like Funky Winkerbean –– that is, until artist Tom Batiuk began slowly killing off character Lisa Moore. WTF? You're reading the exploits of Kathy trying to stuff herself into yet another bathing suit, watching Garfield wig out (helloooo 1994 phrase there, I know) without his morning coffee -- then BLAM! BREAST CANCER. So not funny. And I thought the funy pages were supposed to be ... funny. Today's strip has her attempting to explain cancer to her pre-schooler. Hits a little too close to home, ya know?

Today, I need to piece together a list of all of the things Bill's mom needs to know when she comes to stay at out house to watch BooBerry while we're in San Francisco. Kinda starting to freak out over this trip -- we both have to work, him more than me, and I refuse to sit in a hotel room for 8 hours a day where there's things to see and do (BTW, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know). I also need to sanitize my house before my mother-in-law gets there –– that means all the smutty stuff like my Cosmos and Bill's Maxims and Stuffs have to be tossed (amongst other things). I have to clean, clean, clean. And I need to go buy food for a woman who eats such things as "spoon bread" and "prune cake" (don't ask). I'm sure they'll get along swimmingly, right?

Maybe I better do it PowerPoint just to be sure ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in CA, I have never been, but I will get out there someday!

Dunnski Love said...

Been to SF quite a few times for work (and some play)...here's what I recommend:

1. See a movie at The Castro Theater. Historic, old-timey movie house where they play an organ before the show starts. The neighborhood is, shall we say, eclectic. And gay. Very cool.

2. Wander around Chinatown. Have some great eats, pick up some cheap souvenirs, find some hidden treasures.

3. The best sushi I have ever had in my life is at a place called Ray's Sushi in Hayward, CA - about half an hour outside downtown SF.

4. Get dressed up and have an overpriced cocktail at Harry Denton's Starlight Room at the top of the Sir Francis Drake. Great people watching.

5. The Wharf is mostly touristy, but it's still a beautiful view on a nice day and there is great, fresh seafood to be enjoyed.

6. Alcatraz is actually worth the trip, too. I think you can get tickets in advance.

Take a sweater and have a great trip!