Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reality Round-Up

Just thought I'd check in with you folks and tell you who you should be rooting for (read: who I think you should root/vote for):

MONDAY: Hell's Kitchen
We're rooting for (underdog, all-around cutie and probable loser) Bonnie, the nanny/ personal chef.




C'mon! Not only is she as adorable as ROCK is an ass, she's pretty talented for a blonde/nanny and has been completely underestimated by chef Gordon Ramsay & her fellow contestants. Shit! I can't make a grilled cheese; I have no standards. I only know that (SPOILER ALERT: If you don't want to know the identity of the possible winner of Hell's Kitchen's third edition, please stop reading this post immediately!) Bodog.com has announced that suspicious betting patterns on Rock has forced it to stop taking bets on the third season of the Fox reality show. Lame.

TUESDAY: Pirate Master
OK, it's true that I'm the only person left in America watching this (and the fact that I have to watch the remaining eps on cbs.com proves what a loser I am). But if Jay's made it THIS far by lying, completely screwing his teammates by telling those in his alliance who are on the opposite team how to win challenges and throwing challenges himself (e.g. losing keys, lagging behind), I think he completely deserves to be called "Pirate Master."



(Um, dude, don't be flattered. You obviously should have been a contestant on Survivor, and whatever production assistant/ casting agent coerced you to compete on this stupid ass show needs to be shot and/or fired and/ or fed to pigs in no particular order.)

TUESDAY/ THURSDAY/ SUNDAY / TOO FRIGGIN' MUCH TIME:
Big Brother 8

At this point, I don't even care who wins. Given the fact that a banner ad that flew above the lot's backyard during the Head of Household comp called out Eric (and Amber) and has since skewered the "America's Player" idea (friggin' stupid to begin with, but hey -- who am I to judge?):



I feel it's all a set up to "out" the character that CBS introduced into the game and now regrets (no doubt due to the plethora of message boards claiming the idea complete idiocracy). Sure, Eric's done a lot (read: run his mouth and used mustard in some creative ways), but since he was nominated, and if that plane hadn't flown overhead during last challenge, I think he could seriously have done some "under-the-radar" flying and took the whole thing. Now it looks like he's on the outs tomorrow, and Amber's been flagged as an anti-Semitist on national news. NICE. (WTF, honey? Did you forget that little red light on the camera told you that YOU WERE BEING BROADCAST ACROSS THE NATION? Way 2 go, sweetie. Hope the Jewish mafia doesn't show up on your doorstep after Jameka & Dustin eventually kick your Nazi ass to the curb.)


Lamest season since season 4.

WEDNESDAY/ THURSDAY: So You Think You Can Dance
Hands down, no contest, I'm rooting for SABRA:



Friggin' amazing for someone who's only been "dancing" for four years (guess that's what separates those of us who boogie in our living rooms whilst our husbands play World of Warcraft upstairs from the real dancers).

With that said, I have to admit I'm proud of the fact that I didn't watch "Age of Love" this summer. However, ABC just revealed its newest BACHELOR, 34-year-old Austin bar owner Brad Womack:



HOLY JESUS, ladies. Can I get an "amen"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!