Monday, August 13, 2007

I am a complete mess.

Bill and I just dropped BooBerry off at her new preschool. She's starting at the local elementary school after four years at Kayfield Academy (read: daycare). She looked adorable in her red gingham shirt, denim clamdiggers with embroidered strawberries on them, two "funky buns" atop her head, her princess backpack with attached lunchbox holding her snack on her back. (She's easily the cutest kid in her class*. I know. I checked during the open house.)

So why am I totally freaked out? Well, let's see...

There was figuring out how to send her snack to school (peanut butter crackers and a banana) and I still don't know if she needed a drink or not. I took the thermos out of her lunchbox and filled it with apple juice, then froze it. This morning, when I pulled it out, I realized what a freakin' moron I am -- I didn't take into consideration EXPANSION of the ice, and it bowed out the bottom of the thermos. I only hope that it can be popped back in to place (otherwise, it won't stand up). I also hope it didn't crack and subsequently leaks all over her snack.

There was also the matter of figuring out how to pay for her lunches this morning. ($2 a day! Jeesh! I remember when it was $1 and then got upped to $1.25 when I was in high school...) We gave a check to the lunchroom lady for $80, hoping that would take care of BooBerry for a couple of months.

Luckily, her BFF left Kayfield with us, so there's a familiar face amongst the mist. We're hoping to get both girls into the school by asking for a hardship (this is not our home school). I'll sell cookies, candy, wrapping paper, crack cocaine, sexual favors... I'll clip "Box Tops for Education" until my fingers bleed. I'll volunteer to head up the yearbook staff. Hell, I'll take each kid's picture individually at their houses -- whatever it takes. I'm not above it.

I'm not going to get anything done today... I see that already.



* Oh, please. Like you don't do that, too.

2 comments:

Twinkie said...

That's IT. I give up. I officially pledge allegiance to you. Undying devotion if you just keep writing this sh!t. Friends forever. You CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Sweet. Groupies.