Friday, July 13, 2007

What this girl needs is ...



... a Time-Turner. Just like Hermoine used in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Like most Americans, I've anxiously awaited the seventh and "final" book the Harry Potter series. I'm 200 pages from my second re-read of the 6th book in anticipation, and to refresh my memory. With a week to go, I knew my brain would be saturated with Horcruxes, Patronuses (Patroni?) and the ever-pressing question of Snape: Good or Evil?

So imagine my dismay when the public library sent me a notice that THREE of the books I'd reserved were finally, finally in.

After three months of waiting.

With nothing to read.*

And they can't be renewed because there are other people on the list waiting for them.

So I'm speed reading White Heat by Cherry Adair, hoping I can get it finished by this weekend. So then I can devour High Noon by Nora Roberts next week.


On the South Beach front, I've weathered FIVE DAYS on this shitty diet. FIVE. I'm craving stupid crap tonight: Fun Dip. Pop Rocks. Pina Coladas. Raw sugar cubes. Sugar-flavored dog shit. Sugar sugar sugar.

I turned down a cheap dinner at
L&N Wine Bar and Bistro because I knew the sexy allure of Cabernet would be too difficult to avoid. I'm rather proud of the restraint I've showed...

Back to reading. You people leave me alone now.





* I'd resorted to reading the back of the Lysol spray when I'm using the loo. Oh, please. Like you don't take books in there when you're at home, too. Doesn't matter if they're library books or not...

1 comment:

YESH said...

To my defense I made the cat film last summer.