Friday, July 20, 2007

Can I get an "Amen"?

I just saw a news report that there's a new TACO TICO that opened on Terry Road here in Louisville. That's no where near me, but it might be worth the drive for a taste of taco heaven.



I grew up on the stuff -- there was one just up the road from my childhood home. It was the place where I first tasted a Choco Taco. It was pre-Taco Bell tastiness. (Plus, I just like saying "Taco Tico." C'mon. You know it's fun to say "Taco Tico.")

According to the news report, a typical Taco Tico brings in $10,000 a week. THIS unit brought in $14,000 in the FIRST TWO DAYS.

That's a lot of tacos. I'm clearly in the wrong business.

1 comment:

Ornithophobe said...

I just saw your blog and went, "Omigod- Taco Tico?" I grew up here in the south end; the first tacos I ever ate were from the Dixie highway Taco Tico. I'm all excited now! Of course, it's been a decade... I wonder if they're as good as I remember or if I just had underdeveloped Kiddie tastebuds.

Now all they need is to bring back Burger Chef and I'll be all set for nostalgia fixes.