Saturday, July 7, 2007

I always wondered...

...who actually eats lunch at Target. Y'know -- at that little cafe with Starbucks. I mean, there are no less than 8 fast-food restaurants within 100 yards from the place. WHO actually buys those bags of stale-looking popcorn and convenience-store hot dogs?

Now I know the answer. BooBerry and I do.

BooBerry got invited to a birthday party today and we needed a superfast gift (yay, Target clearance). It was 12:40 p.m. when we got there; I threw a few things into the cart and Bella said she wanted a Lunchables for lunch. We paid and were on our way out.

Since there was a Starbucks in-house, I wanted an iced coffee. Then she wanted a Icee, and I figured why not -- the sugar would keep her hopped up and less-than-cranky since she hasn't had her nap.

So while we were already in the cafe area, I saw Buffalo Chicken Personal Pan Pizzas at the Pizza Hut area (I'd roll in buffalo sauce and lick myself clean. I heart it that much.); I figured what the hell -- since we were already there, I'd let her eat her Lunchables and I got me a pizza.

One sip into her Icee, she promptly fell off her chair, launching her frozen concoction of goodness halfway across the cafe (seriously. It was like it was in slow-mo. I had two choices -- save her from toppling sideways off the chair onto the floor or saving the Icee which was now soaring into the air like a football).

So the Icee CRASHED on the floor and burst, oozing Cherry Icee all over the floor, setting off a crying jag from BooBerry, who'd only had one taste of it. Meanwhile, my pizza was getting cold.

So, many thanks to the little old lady in Starbucks who brought us another cup. Um, we bought a medium Icee, but the small was much appreciated anyway since BooBerry announced halfway through the meal that she didn't really like it.

And, the pizza sucked. Just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes get the pepperoni pizza's and nibble on them while I shop. I am a Targetholic.

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it