Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gettin' Beachy wit' it!

It's been one of those days. It's raining outside, which makes this two-floor house feel like a 10x10 shack -- we're all getting on each other's nerves. Even the dog is bored.



After picking up BooBerry from my parents' house (she calls them Wee and Po-Po) this morning, we went to the grocery (because we went through two dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, a container of cottage cheese, a tub of sugar-free Cool-Whip, a box of sugar-free fudgecicles and a package of individually-wrapped cheddar cheese bites this week alone), then ate lunch and Bella took a nap.

I should have:



Cleaned out this refrigerator. I have no idea what's in there. Frankly, I'm afraid to dig. Mostly, it's condiments. How many bottles of salad dressing do we have? 9. 9 bottles of salad dressing, of which three are South Beach Compliant.

Or, I should have forced BooBerry to clean up the office, where we've been camped out all day:



Instead, I cooked all afternoon in the kitchen trying out some South Beach recipes. First, I made these brownies:



Sure they LOOK good. Unfortunately, they are ass nasty. They're made with (are you ready for it?) black beans, cocoa, eggs, Splenda, vanilla and salt. Found the recipe online. Should have left it there.

I also made South Beach-compliant ketchup, which is tomato paste, water, vinegar, Splenda and spices. Suprisingly, it's acceptable for mocketchup:



Finally, I made these individual mini-quiches for our breakfasts this week.



Yay for me and my cooking skills. Unfortunately, I'm now to tired to fix dinner...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Your fridge looks just like mine!! Except my milk is on the top shelf. :-} Those mini-quiches look yummy!

Unknown said...

Sorry, at the first mention of BEANS in a brownie recipe, I would have been saying "forget this"!