Friday, July 20, 2007

All-Birthday Weekend.



Pass the Xanax, please.

BooBerry went to school today CRYING (this, at 7:45 a.m.) because ... she wasn't getting a present at school today. Her birthday isn't until Sunday. She also told her teachers and her classmates she was five (not true, but she believes she's going to turn five 100%). That's her above after a COMPLETE SUGAR RUSH following the ice cream and cupcakes she ate for her birthday party at school.

She has the unusual experience of having her BFF share the SAME BIRTHDAY as she does. I even remember A in the hospital -- she was the only infant with a SHOCK of orange hair in the nursery. Who knew the girls would end up in the same daycare? They even started on the same day.

We're going to Chuck E Cheese's tomorrow (hello, South Beach Diet. Yeah, I know we're going to go off program.) with A & Co. and then having BooBerry's party on Sunday, so it's a full weekend.

Oh, sure, she COULD have had a princess party. Or a My Little Pony or a Strawberry Shortcake party. Instead she wanted a ... cowboy/Arizona party. Not a COWGIRL party.

So I have a scruffy cowboy cutout for the front door, a blow up cactus and a dozen plastic ponies among her decorations. The cowboy's pretty scary -- the 5 o'clock shadow makes him look like he should be lurking in a dark alley looking for his next crack high rather than readying himself for a shootout at the OK Corral.



P.S. Taco Tico. Taco Tico. I still like saying it.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday, BooBerry!

My little guy spent the waning hours of his 8th birthday spent at Books a Million, enjoying the Harry Potter Book party.

Yeah, he was so very excited to bring cupcakes to school and got a dessert at dinner tonight AND thought I was buying him a coffee, too. Hyper does not begin to describe it!

Hope the party goes well. You can use that cowboy in the window to scare off burglars after the party is over!

Anonymous said...

I got my b-day girl some of that "moon sand" you see adv on TV. SHE HAD TO HAVE IT. And of course, I forgot and had to run to ToysRus yesterday to find some!!! She too, wanted an early present, so I gave her the stupid sand. Better her and her sis throwing it around my kitchen than 5 screaming girls fighting over it, right???? Well, guess what??? That stupid sand that cost me 19.99, doesn't stick together like my TV, that she would pause for me EVERYTIME the commercial would come on so I could see it! Ugh! Come someone pass me the Xanax too please!

P.S. And yes, Taco Tico is mighty fun to say, especially really fast over and over again.