Monday, August 25, 2008

Why I love Amazon.com.


1 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
3.0 out of 5 stars I'ts ok, I guess, June 17, 2008
Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I got one of these for my birthday, which isn't as lame a gift as it sounds. I like having my Jesus command my plastic army men into battle against the unbelievers. After all, the Scriptures do say that the Messiah will be a warrior as well as a teacher.

I do have some quibbles, though. First, my Jesus isn't circumcised. Yeah, I know -- it's a toy for kids, and people would freak out if it was anatomically correct. But the covenant that God made with Abraham isn't just something to be disregarded just because it's cheaper or easier to do it that way. Man is so weak and God is so strong that, when God asks us for some small show of faith, like circumcision, it's important that we do take pride in doing it. Not showing that Jesus lived the covenant like any other man sends a terrible message to other kids.

This does get 5 stars for durability though. I've accidentally scratched or poked some holes in my Jesus, and within a couple of days, the plastic seals right up again. I don't know what they used to make this, but it's great!

Finally, I'm a little upset that the voice they use doesn't really *sound* like Jesus did. Oh well, it's still fun to play with, and I can take my Jesus with me to social events and dates and things, where I might otherwise be tempted to sin. Whenever I feel the presence of the Evil One, I can look at Jesus' stern-but-loving face and know just what I should do!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is FRICKIN HILARIOUS! I am dying here!

What, pray tell, made you look for a 12 inch talking Jesus? Are Boo's Barbies misbehaving that badly that they need the fear of God put into them?

Ryan The Intern said...

Looks like my 14-inch Cloverfield monster figurine needs a saddle.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

I have no idea how I found that, honestly. I was looking at Madame Alexander dolls and that popped up.

YESH said...

Brilliant find...one of the top post of the year