Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kids have it so good these days.

When I was little, our Slip N Slide was a plain sheet of plastic that you threw a garden hose on and launched yourself from mid-yard. The result would be a faceplant in the grass, a bruised chest and the inevitable rock or stick up your ass. Good times.

We bought Boo a new one at Target, and this thing is JACKED UP. It has a freakin' POOL at the end of it and a tiny shower of sprays to caress the skin as the kids slide down it. It's not fair.

Zombie child says the water is too cold.

Check out that soft landing. WTH?
We never had it this good as kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you, Mandy. I really enjoy reading your blog. It's a great way to keep up with you all. And I usually get a good belly laugh out of it, too. It's win/win.

Suzanne said...

That looks like sooo much fun!

May I ask, how many friends did you hear of that got broken arms from the original incarnation?

Gypsydoodlebug said...

None in our neighborhood ... man, I can still remember how SORE our chests would be.

Dunnski Love said...

But we DID have Jarts! That was a party in a box right there.