Tuesday, April 22, 2008

OH YEAH, BRINGIN' ON THE BROADWAY!

Ok. Andrew Lloyd Weber on "American Idol"? Forget Mariah Carey. HELL, YEAH, ANDREW. The only person better would have been Alan Menken. Or Stephen Schwartz. (Anyone who knows me knows my Make-a-Wish dream is to be in a musical.)

Say bye bye to Brooke. While she was singing, I felt like there was no Santa Claus. Puppies died while she was singing. Kittens screamed in pain. Somewhere, fairies DIDN'T get their wings.(CHARMED I'm sure you're saying "GIRRRRRRRL. TOL' YOU SO!)

15 SECONDS of silence from Paula? Um, yeah....

But can I say that how divalicious Syesha Mercado sounded? Seriously. I hate her, but I'd watch that bitch in "Dream Girls" (not that I've even seen the movie. Or can recognize one song).

And Carly? HOLY SHIT. "Jesus Christ Superstar" so kicks "All I Ask of You"'s ass. And I love the latter. (Plus, this is one of the first dates Bill took me too here in Louisville when we first started dating! And he hates musical theater! Even though he knows I love it!)

Finally.

David.

Cook.

David Cook.

David Cook. David Cook. David Cook.

Singing "Music of the Night."

OH.

YES.

He stared into my soul (Bill, go away. Watching Idol). He sang directly to me (dammit, dog, do you have to go outside now?).

Oh.

Wow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stephen Schwartz, oh and Sondheim. Yeah!

(Pippin, Candide, West Side Story, Company and many more)

Oh, Jane lent me Enchanted. Soon, I'll be singing in the park, too...and it's because you kept saying how much you loved it!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, Brooke is starting to grow on me. At the start of the show, she just seemed to damn nice. But...I think she is genuine.