Sunday, April 20, 2008

Doves' Parenting Skills SUCK.

So, my doves' parenting skills are of the Britney Spears variety. I'm a little heartbroken, since the second egg hasn't hatched (and doesn't look like it's going to). Here's a picture of "shift change" yesterday -- that's the male in the nest and the female on the railing:

This morning, I went out to check on them, and the male clearly wasn't sitting on the egg, and the fugly little baby was squirming in front of him and it is chilly outside. I wanted to beat him:

A few minutes ago, I went outside and caught shift change AGAIN, and LOOK WHERE THE BABY IS:

Holy shit! I have no idea what to do. I put a basket underneath it in case it falls. I wonder if there's something wrong with it and they're trying to push it out of the "nest"...



UPDATE: The mama's sitting near the baby. I got a long stick and tried to "push" the baby's leg back onto the shelf and mama pecked at the stick, so I'm assuming they're still caring for it.



Dumb birds are worrying me sick.

No comments: