Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake.


So, thanks to a trip to the immediate care center last night, I was completely high on decongestants (the doctor thinks my ear is just clogged. Here –– have a $20 copay, Dr. Knowsalot) and I got approximately 3.75 hours of sleep. (I was asleep, however, after Bill came in to the bedroom after taking the dog outside at 3:15 a.m. and said she'd acccidentally brought a "mess" in with her and we had to change the sheets.)

Really, shouldn't a decongestant labeled as "nighttime" help you fall asleep instead of making you feel like you're completely tweaked on meth?

Anyway, imagine my surprise at hearing there was a fucking 5.2 magnitude earthquake at 5:37 a.m.? I actually SLEPT THROUGH IT. Ridiculous.

And even though I slept thorough it, I'm sure it was still more exciting than the EARTHQUAKE: The Big One ride at Universal Studios.

Lame-o.

My co-workers who live in Southern Indiana felt it -- it actually woke them out of their beds. Lucky.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I slept through a 2.5 once. So I've never felt the earth move. Well, not that way!

(pssst, new job is going to bring me up your way once a month!)

Gypsydoodlebug said...

WOOT! You're kidding!

Suzanne said...

Nope, details on the blog later. :)