Friday, February 29, 2008

Scenes from a Hoe-Down.

Howdy, partners. Bill's on a plane coming in from the West Coast, so Boo and I headed to her elementary school's annual Hoe-Down PTA fundraiser. In case you ever wondered what a Hoe-Down looks like, here are some scenes:

Jumpy thingy.

Slidey thingy.

Navigating the cake walk. She didn't win, but she didn't know it.
In fact, she really didn't get the whole cakewalk thing. She looks pretty nervous.



I am exhausted. Plus, I spilled baked beans down my gingham shirt and my feet and back hurt from wearing my fabulous brown and turquoise boots.

(And yes, I wore a hat. It was a REAL cowboy hat. Not those pieces of shit from Target. I spent two years + two summers in college working in a real live Western store. Good times.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't that western store in the J-mall was it???

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Sho' nuff was. Where the sidewalk ends, and the West begins. My dad and the owner have been friends for AGES. I wanted to work at the Gap or someplace cool, but nooooo... Daddy had to get me a job with a family friend!!