Thursday, February 28, 2008

Since I'm having a bad blog week ...

I blatantly stole this from SUZANNE:

Crazy Eights!

8 Things I’m passionate about:
1. My family
2. My iPod
3. Books
4. Walt Disney World
5. My new nephew, Conor
6. Big Brother 9 (best season since Season 5: Whattup, Kaysarrrrrr?)
7. MIKA
8. Anything UGGS. I'm a lemming. Albeit a late lemming. But, hey. I'm Kentucky. We're behind a LOT.

8 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Stay in a castle in Scotland
2. Second child
3. Go-deep sea fishing
4. Visit Napa Valley
5. Get a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
6. Freelance (I'm too lazy)
7. Get on "Wheel of Fortune." Would totally kick ass.
8. See a ghost (watch too much Ghost Hunters!)

8 Things I often say:
1. Shit the fuck.
2. OMG.
3. Totally.
4. Seriously. Seriously. (God, I'm such a Valley girl)
5. "Shut up. You are such a liar." (Usually applies to Keown.)
6. "I'm going to put my foot up your ass." (Usually applies to Bill.)
7. Chicken nugget! (Applies to Bella)
8. nuh-uh

8 Books I’ve recently or currently reading:
1. Beauty by Robin McKinley. My very favorite book, ever. I think I've read it 20 times. It's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast.
2. Water for Elephants. One of the best books I've ever read. Both disturbing and beautiful. Amazing for a debut novelist.
3. Candy Girl by Diable Cody. My New Year's resolution last year was to read more non-fiction. This account of a stripper in Minneapolis didn't fail. And she won a FRIGGIN' OSCAR for her screenplay, JUNO.
4. Marley and Me. I have never laughed so hard or cried so hard or read so many passages aloud. LOVED it.
5. CURRENTLY READING: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
6. CURRENTLY READING: Murder Game by Beverley Barton
7. ON THE DOCKET: Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
8. JUST IN FROM THE LIBRARY: Killing Fear by Allison Brennan (need to go pick it up, actually...)

8 Songs I could listen to over and over:
1. "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira. I hit my first 300 on Wii Bowling to this song. Holds a special place in my heart since it brought me to my knees.
2. "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush. I dunno. Just like it.
3. "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5. Always catchy.
5. "Walkin' in Memphis" by Marc Cohn Favorite song, ever.
6. "I Don't Want to Be" by Gavin DeGraw.
7. "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. Takes me back to the sorority house (even though it was old back then!).
8. "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. Fun fun fun.

(Suzanne, I'm changing your last category...)

8 Foodstuffs I Can't Get Enough Of:
1. Jelly Belly jelly beans
2. Baked Cheetos
3. Taco soup (my grandma's recipe)
4. Chocolate cake w/ chocolate icing
5. Samoa
6. Wine
7. Buffalo chicken
8. Starbucks lattes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, love, love 'Walkin' in Memphis!!!'

Suzanne said...

Now, you know if it were foodstuffs, I'd have a hard time with just 8!

Bonus about the rental-the people next door are also foodies. Score. Sure beats the two families sharing one house and destroying anything I ever left outside.

Walkin' in Mephis is a great song. "Ma'am I am tonight!"

Anonymous said...

A. I can't believe you don't have a Huey Lewis and the News song on your list.

B. I LOVE Cavalier King Charles doggies

C. Wheel of Fortune depresses me for some reason.