Thursday, February 21, 2008

A big day of FAIL.

Woke up to a 59-degree house. The (three-year-old) furnace was out this morning. So Bill stayed home and called a repair guy while I went to my 8:15 a.m. asthma doctor appointment.

I was the first appt. of the day. Sat in the empty waiting room for 30 minutes. Got called back, put in a room and waited again. The door opens ... and it's a 4th year med student. WTF? Where the fuck is the real doctor? Sat with him poking at me for 5 minutes, then he said the doctor would be in. 10 minutes later, the doctor finally arrives -- at 9:08 a.m. -- opening the door with a FLOURISH that would make Carson Kressley blush. I'd been there almost an hour at this point, so the glitter and glam was completely wasted on me.

Leave the doctor, get my reward latte (my reward for going to any doctor is a latte) and head in to work. Get there at 9:45 a.m. 15 min. later, my mom calls and says they're dismissing school at 11:20 for the impending ice storm that I knew nothing about because I live under a rock and was watching American Idol on DVR instead of the nightly news last night. At this point, you have GOT to be kidding me. So I get my lunch back out of the fridge, get BACK in the car and head to school.

All of a sudden, I hear a DING DING DING and I look down and I am COMPLETELY out of gas. I'm on the fucking interstate, passing an exit with NO gas stations. My little indicator thingy that tells me how many miles I have left until I need gas? Yeah, it says - - - and is blinking. I panic and slide down the ramp and go about a mile to the nearest Thornton's. Spend $46.66 on gas, then head for the school.

Pick Boo up, car's sliding around a bit and finally, finally make it home. My co-worker called to say they'd closed the office. So I basically went down there for a half-hour for nothing.




Oh, and I'd left the bright yellow size sticker on my new jeans I bought last night. So I totally wore that at the doctor's office and at work. Excellent.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least you're not stuck in morgantown

Gypsydoodlebug said...

I thought about you this morning. How bad is it there?

Suzanne said...

I feel your pain...

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I am having a fight w/ my brothers wife!!! Totally brought on by her! It has not been a good week for me.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

You want I should cut her? I got mad gang skilz.