Sunday, June 8, 2008

Attack of the Cicadas.

Right now, trying to walk through our backyard is like dodging bullets in Afganistan, except by bullets I mean cicadas and by Afganistan I mean Kentucky. The things are so freakin' loud we've got the volume turned up on the TV to 27. They land on you and are completely icky. I mean, I know the suckers only come around every 17 years (and really, how do they know it's been 17 years? Do they get a wake-up call from the concierge desk?) but apparently I don't remember the 1991 cycle. Ugh.

4 comments:

klasieprof said...

Hey...visiting from "phone calls' blog.
Saw the Chrystal Skull movie...I loved it!!

Suzanne said...

Ummm, try sleeping when one is hiding in your hotel room.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. We live in the country and they are really, really bad here.

Anonymous said...

From your neighbor in Chenoweth Hills . .. OMG every morning my pool is freakin' cicada SOUP! I literally pull them from the skimmer BY THE HANDFULS! Then, while I'm in the pool, they kamakazi to their death. Stupid bugs. Suicide cicada.