Friday, September 14, 2007

Atlantic City ...

... was actually not too bad this year. We staffed our company's trade show there, and although we didn't exactly have the turnout we wanted, I did get two pairs of jeans, a houndstooth and denim jacket, an embroidered skort, a LS t-shirt and a pair of cargo pants at The Children's Place outlet for $39. So Atlantic City has THAT going for it.

I also started and finished Catcher in the Rye on the plane up there, and that is quite possibly three hours of my life I can never get back. Seriously. I don't get the whole teenage angst in the 1940s thing. WTF? Did Holden Caulfield have al Queda on his ass? Um, no. Did he have to worry about whether or not "old Sally" had an STD before they "horsed around" in the back of a cab on their way to see a show in friggin' NYC? Um, no. Apparently, he didn't even have to worry about money, since his parents were "quite loaded." If I had to read the phrase, "That killed me. It really did." one more time, I think I might have taken something sharp and proceeded to poke myself in the eye.

Am now halfway through Bright Lights, Big Ass (which has be out for a couple of months, but I've been hoarding it for the right time to read, and apparently following a shitty novel masquerading as a classic is, indeed, the right time) by my BFF, Jen Lancaster. (OK, we've never met, but I'm sure she'd like me if we did. I subscribe to all her tenets whole-heartedly and we both share an obsession for Trader Joe's and Target. Must remember to go buy sheets at Target today.) If you haven't already read her first book, Bitter is the New Black -- and quite frankly, I did tell you to when I started this blog -- then you need to go to Amazon. Right now. And buy both. I laughed out loud so much on the plane the lady next to me probably thought I had a Tourette's. Seriously. It's that funny. I wanted to stand up and read passages from the book.

Attention now turns to Walt Disney World, where Bill, BooBerry and I will spend 9 days, 8 nights. BooBerry's counting down the days on a calendar. She's been hoarding money from the grandparents for the past year, and when we cleaned out her Winnie the Pooh bank, she had a whopping $220 in there. She's four, remember. That's a lot of princess stuff. Or a hot dog and bag of chips at Walt Disney World prices...

2 comments:

Ryan The Intern said...

Blasphemy.

BTDubs, we came up with a name for our house. "The Bro-Thel.'"

Gypsydoodlebug said...

YES. Smacks of jock itch and Ramen. Hope you boys are playing nice!