Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ten Things I Learned From BooBerry...

...on our trip to Walt Disney World:

10. Two pieces of bacon and a bit of muffin is a breakfast, Mommy.

9. Singing the "I Will Not Wallow the Josh" song while wallowing Josh negates said wallowing.

8. When a child says "Mommy, everybody's calling me a princess ... and I LOVE IT!" ... it might be time to examine the overabundance of her self-esteem.

7. One roll with butter and a bite of salad is a dinner, Mommy.

6. Sour apple slushies are yum. And small children should not drink them, as they are like a free hit to a crack fiend. And it takes hours for the sugar to wear off (walls are not forgiving when kids smack into them while running in circles, either).

5. Wearing a princess dress gets you more attention than not wearing a princess dress. (And they don't friggin' make princess dresses in adult sizes in WDW. I know. I checked.) And curtesying while ensconsed in said dress results in double the attention.

4. Being blonde is better. It just is.

3. If I look cute, people will give me free shit. (This statement is supported by the rolls of free stickers she received, the pin some nice old man gave her on the Monorail, and the free chocolate-covered marshmallows she got at the Main Street Confectionery just for watching the girls make caramel apples through the window.)

2. That whole "Use your inside voice" thing? Ummm, yeah... BooBerry has no inside voice. In fact, her outside voice borders on "screeching."

1. Naps are good. Veeerrryyy good. And some Mommies still need them, too.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow. For now, I have a kid to thow into bed and a chilled bottle of chardonnay and the "Desperate Housewives" premiere to watch. *Sigh* It is good to be home...

1 comment:

Twinkie said...

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back