Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More Sweet Lovin' for Your iPod.

With our sales team in the office and the accompanying need to zone out today, I rediscovered several gems on my iPod. In recent weeks, the networks have begun using some Grade A tunes for their commercials and in their shows:

• "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles. This one was featured in a "Brothers & Sisters" commercial. Took over an hour to track down the song using the 5-second lyric the network used, only to find out I already had it on my iPod.

• "Silence" by Selena Cross. Really pretty. Not sure how I found this one on iTunes.

• "Apologies" by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. I think this one was on "Grey's Anatomy" last week.

• "Pictures of You" by The Last Goodnight. This band has been compared to Maroon 5. I see it. Which is probably why I like it.

• "Belgium" by Bowling for Soup. Great acoustical bonus tune from "Drunk Enough to Dance."

• "Heroes and Thieves" by Vanessa Carlton. Title track (and the best one) from her new album. "Nolita Fairytale" is also fabulous.

• "Yeah" by Kelly Clarkson. Funkalicious. "My December" produced virtually nothing good except for this one, and maybe "Don't Waste Your Time." Bitter, party of one, your table's available.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You missed the new Fruit of the Loom "Blue". My DH downloaded that one from their website. Free tunes are awesome!

It is a little disconcerting to have him sing along with an underwear commercial, but it's a good tune.