Friday, October 26, 2007

Junior Mars vs. Venus

Tonight, I'm sitting here watching Pushing Daisies (seriously, the best show you're not watching) on the DVR, and there's a knock at the door. It's Nash, the ultra blond, ultra cool seven-year-old up the cul-de-sac. Hell, even I'm half-in-luv with the kid. I can see him in 8 years being that boy in high school ...

He wants to know if BooBerry can come out and play.

I yell up the stairs for her, and she runs to the landing ... in her Belle dress, complete with glitter, sequins, etc...

Boo then hollers (yes, apparently even Disney princesses holler): "Wait! I want to come downstairs to show Nash my dress!!"

I tried to explain that six-year-old boys couldn't give a rat's damn about Disney princess dresses, but it fell on deaf ears and she came downstairs and curtsied in the door at him. She then tried to lure him to come upstairs and watch "Barbie as the Island Princess."


Clearly, we need more girls in this cul-de-sac.

1 comment:

Disney Diaries said...

Sure, Disney princesses holler, but they do it with panache. And a little curtsy.