Sunday, October 7, 2007

More dumb animals.



For years, I've watched a huge, gorgeous brown and white hawk that sat on a post on the Bullitt Farm off I-64. Beautiful. He watched over morning traffic, and it was always nice to see the little slice of nature amidst the harried rat race.

Today on my way to the Mall (yay, Gymbucks time!), I saw him in a pile of feathers along side the interstate next to the farm. Feel like I lost a friend -- it looked like he'd been hit by a car. Birds r dumb.

Same thing happened to a groundhog who always nibbled on the grassy knoll outside Picadilly at the corner of Hurstbourne and Taylorsville Road. Saw him every summer day for, like, three years until I saw groundhog splatter outside Barnes N Noble. Groundhogs r dumb, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gymboree is awesome! My kids are too big now for me to shop there, but I have a 6 month old niece!!