Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Anybody who does this to a dog is an a-hole.

BooBerry woke up and was pissed because it wasn't going to stay dark all day. Apparently, on Halloween, it's supposed to stay dark all day so the kids can trick-or-treat. WTF? She argued with me for several minutes about this until she ultimately figured out that you really can't argue with Mommy since Mommy is always right.

She's going to be Belle (from Beauty and the Beast), and her BFF Anna & family are coming over for pizza and trick-or-treating.

You've never seen trick-or-treating until you've been in MY Children of the Corn/ Desperate Housewives neighborhood. I think they truck the kids in in busloads. I KNOW most of those kids don't live there. I'm like "Go away, family with six kids who belong in the broke neighborhood behind us. Go trick-or-treat in your own shitty 'hood."

I remember growing up there was always that one man who gave away 10 pennies to each kid. WTF? WE WANT CANDY, DUDE, not shitty coins. And I remember going with Amy Kustes (who had the Barbie Dream House, but I'm not bitter) to the hospital to have our candy X-rayed to make sure there weren't needles in it. Creepy. Those were the days when people still handed out homemade brownies and such.

I have nearly 5 pounds of premium chocolate to ensure I'm not that house. We have a dental hygenist who lives across from us and she gives out toothpaste and brushes. Nice.

2 comments:

Dunnski Love said...

Undignified, that dog is.

And anyone who gives out dental supplies deserving a first-class egging. WTF? Why not offer a flu shot while you're at it? And a pap smear for Mommy!

Anonymous said...

I saw this costume at Target today. Much more humiliating in person.