Monday, November 17, 2008

Well, THIS sucks.



I gave myself 15 minutes of reading time last night and went down the stairs to get the Amazon Kindle. Instead, I got a broken foot. (My foot kinda rolled on the third step from the bottom and went down with an impressive bounce and thud.)
Broke the fifth metatarsal on my left foot -- snapped in two cleanly. I waited 5.5 hours before going to the ER, but Bill had it iced all night. I've never broken anything before ... I thought a break immediately bruised black but mine seems to be all on the inside.
Awesome.
I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow at noon to follow up on treatment. Which brings me to this point -- WTF good is a HOSPITAL without an orthoped? Seattle Grace* has Callie Torres, right? SOMEBODY in that hospital had the power to cast/boot/saw it off.
My foot hurts.
* Shut up, Bridget.

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

When I did my spectacular destruction of my wrist, there was no orthopod on the night shift. I got sent home in a cock up splint.

Ouch, btw. That sounds most painful-and it'll be hard to keep that foot warm.

Suzanne said...

OH shit, I just realized this means you're not going to Reno. Yikes.

Wee said...

So, you're going to be totally useless to me on Black Friday, right? I'm going to have to do Target alone??? I'm scared.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

When do we ever shop together since you crossed over to the dark side?

Gypsydoodlebug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bonsairick said...

If Callie Torres had helped you, you'd have to sleep with her ... things are NOT necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.

Get well SOON!!!

wvc said...

Callie Torres is with Seattle Grace. Geeesh!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Well, shit.

professoraloha said...

Hey...rent a wheelchair for Black Friday. I think Target has the electric ones, right? Woohoo...you'll whiz down those damn isles and be able to run over anybody in your way.

Take care of boo and your boo-boo.

Auntie

wvc said...

You need to trim those toe nails. Did you scratch out the Ortho's eyes with those things when he tried to cast you? :p hee hee

Anonymous said...

Shop online girl, that is the way to go.

songbird's crazy world said...

owie! you have my sympathies. when I killed my ankle my foot turned all sorts of lovely shades of purple.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Ankle trumps foot. Jeez. I can't even imagine!!