Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday + Broken Foot - Crutches = Bad Idea.

Started out at 5:45 a.m. Hit Wal-Mart first, figuring since they opened at 5 a.m., the greatest rush would be over. I managed to pick up the My Size Barbie BooBerry doesn't need, plus a copy of 101 Dalmations (I'm not sure if we have it -- I'll have to have Bill go digging in DVD Land to see).

The checkout line was PACKED -- about -10 people deep (amateurs), so I snuck into the jewelry department and breezed right through.

Then headed to the mall and found a handicapped parking space. I hit the Disney Store first and got a sweatshirt for me, a small art kit for BooBerry, wrapping paper and a cape all for $35 (they had 20% off until 10 a.m. -- score!)

Then I stumbled over to Bath and Body Works and traffic was picking up a bit. I somehow spent $119 but got, like, $300 in shit I don't need. BUT, I picked up Bill's Nana's gift, so it wasn't all me.

By now, I was beginning to regret leaving my crutches in the car. I limped down to Old Navy and got a new velour sweatshirt (I'm living in them with my bad foot & crutches) and an argyle sweater for the dog.

Thanks for the sweater, Mom!


By now, my foot was starting to THROB. I had one last stop to make, and of course it was at the farthest wing of the mall. I managed to struggle down there under my packages and bought facewash for Bill & I.

I had a LOT of trouble getting back to the car. I could literally FEEL the break in my foot -- the two slices of bone. Pretty painful.

Still, I was home by 8:15 a.m. with a large bag of McDonald's sustenance for breakfast, and was back in bed by 10:15 a.m. I completely TORE UP my foot, but hey -- the dog got a sweater, so it wasn't completely for naught.

3 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

you've been tagged

http://songbirdscrazyworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-have-been-tagged-by-suzanne.html

YESH said...

DOn't do shit for the rest of the weekend! WE HAVE RENO IN TWO DAYS!

Suzanne said...

Owww! For the record, I still feel the break in my toe four weeks later. You did much more damage.

Shopping is OVER for now!