Saturday, November 8, 2008

Book Corner Time!

OK, so for the past two hours I've been engrossed in Anita Shreve's new book, Testimony. It's a step away from my normal intel op-guy-who-meets-a-gorgeous-heroine-and-they-get-it-on-and-save-a-city and/or-small child romantic suspense, but I have to say that stepping outside of one's comfort zone* (read "The House at Riverton," for example) is refreshing. (Somebody call Oprah because this bitch is getting PROFOUND tonight!)

Anyway, it's about a sex scandal at a private school (three guys! one girl! OMFG it's an episode of "Gossip Girl!") and how it affects everyone from the parents to the headmaster and the students, told from different vantage points. And, jeez. Who knew shit could get so raunchy in Vermont?

Grab it from the library and pour a nice cold glass or four of chardonnay. I finally had to come up for air*.



* Bec, you would love this book.
** Really, I have no idea where Bill & Boo are. I think they're upstairs somewhere.

No comments: