Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I lied.

I told the lady at the wine shop at the Wal-Mart neighborhood grocery that I was having a "girl's night" tonight when I stopped in to buy mac & cheese, milk and a bottle of $3 pinot grigio/ chardonnay.

Her: What's the occasion?

(OK, like I could REALLY say I was in my office jamming to Hedley trying to bang out 19 story assignments and the new temp came into my office crying about work drama and totally threw me off my game for the day. Seriously. I need a f*cking reason to buy a $3 bottle* of wine?)

Me: Ohhhh, I'm having Girl's Night!

Her: Can I see your ID, please?

Me: Sure!

Her: What do you do? Just sit around and drink?

Me: Ummmm... no. We watch, ummm... (ok, at this point I'm trying to think of the two shows I watch on Tuesday night )... '90210'!! Right! Um, we watched it as teenagers and now we're watching the new version!!




Oh. My. God. I can't even drink a glass of that shame now.




* Shut the f*ck up! It's lovely chilled.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

LOL. I would have just told her I'm a lush! :O)