Sunday, March 30, 2008

NOT a lazy Sunday...


We're in a flurry of cleaning this morning in anticipation of our trip to Las Vegas beginning tomorrow. I have to go for the magazine, and Bill has a conference -- they just happen to be at the same convention center at the same time. (Convenient! Although it really cuts into my gambling and/or male stripper time to have Bill there, darn the luck!)

Problem is, we just got home last week from Orlando. That means my dining room is full of suitcases and laundry dumped last Sunday (um, why carry UP dirty laundry only down carry it back down to wash?). My mother-in-law is coming to stay with Boo so she can still go to school next week, but that means we were up at 7:45 a.m. cleaning (and preparing to check in on Southwest because, of course, there's no assigned seats and Bill completely freaks out if he's not in the A boarding group.) By 8:15 a.m., Boo had a feather duster in her hand and was going to town on the all the flat surfaces on the bottom floor (hurray for cheap child labor! If I could, I would totally tape mops to the cats and dog and let them work on the hardwood floors).

The suitcases are still partially packed from Orlando (OUT comes the sunscreen and shorts, IN goes the high heels and jeans) and I feel like there's absolutely no way I'm ready for this trip. I'm tired, and we haven't even left yet...

UPDATE: How is it that after five hours of cleaning, you haven't even made a dent in the mess? Seriously -- how does that happen? On the good side, I completely cleaned out the cabinet under my side of the sink in the bathroom. OMG. I threw away a garbage bag's worth of barely used make-up and toiletries. And did you know that Bath & Body Works Cotton Blossom lotion turns green after seven years? Yep. Sure does. When I think of all the make-up I threw away this morning, I feel only slightly bad about the poor helpless women out there who are in BAD need of makeovers. Sad, really.

Our bed looks like Hiroshima as we just keep tossing things on it to pack. The bad thing about going to Vegas for work is you have to have two stupid sets of clothes. I'm trying to figure out how to make khaki pants look hot and finding that it just won't work. Bill & I are taking a break while Boo takes a nap.

No comments: