Saturday, March 22, 2008

Back. Tired. Had fun.

Those are just about the only three words I'm able to drum up, as I've achieved a level of exhaustion never before experienced in this household. Perhaps it was the 45-minute security lines I endured at 8:30 a.m. this morning in Orlando (before my morning latte. Not. Pretty.). Perhaps it was the tidal waves of BO and suntan lotion fumes I surfed at the Magic Kingdom yesterday (holy hell. We rode one ride and headed back to the hotel. Who knew so many people found Jesus at Walt Disney World during Easter week?). Or perhaps it was the fact I woke up between 5:30 and 6 a.m. for an entire week on vacation to make sure we were at the parks at opening. Who knows?

I have about 12 hours of DVRed primetime to watch (yes, I know Amanda bit the big one on American Idol. Thank you, Orlando's Fox Channel for that little nugget yesterday morning).

Here are some pictures before I post a proper trip report -- half the pictures are downloaded on Bill's Apple:


Me at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Boo spent some time at Simba's Cubhouse while Bill & I had a grown up dinner, and it was the best steak we've had on Disney property to date.



Boo sees her hairstyle and make-up for
the first time at tbe Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

You gotta be kidding me. 40 minutes for this crappy ride?
I've never waited more than 5 minutes before. Ugh.

She looks sweet, but you should have experienced the 15 minutes
of truly epic whining before the big crash of Tuesday evening. Good times.

This? Is why we got our sorry carcasses out of bed at 5:45 a.m.
to be at the park at 6:45 a.m. We had Fantasyland virtually to ourselves.


My favorite picture of the entire trip. Cinderella and my prince charming at Biergarten in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. They danced and danced and danced.

Our view. Every. Freakin'. Day. We got upgraded from a standard view (like this one:


and by "standard" I mean "parking lot") to a savannah view and I about peed my pants (HA! to the f*ckers paying $400 a night while we paid a slammin' rate of $205!) .
BooBerry thought they were -- get this -- robots.


My favorite place. On the balcony with a book
and a glass of wine watching the animals.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Great picture of you with that huge honkin glass of wine. Woooooo!

I love the picture of Boo sleeping on Bill's shoulder.