Friday, May 2, 2008

Worst. Ending. Ever.

Ok, so today is my Pity Party day, and although I've spent most of it sleeping and/or tucked under a heating pad nursing my painful girly parts, I did manage to rent Stephen King's "The Mist" on satellite. I read the book on a past work trip to Baton Rouge, and it scared the shit out of me. Really, really good novella.

With that said, this movie might have the WORST FUCKING ENDING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MOVIEKIND. Seriously. I wanted to put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. I want my fucking $4.99 back for the rental. I'd rather watch Jack die at the end of "Titantic." Or that whole fucked up ending of "The Village," which sent Bill into a two-day fit of rage (hey, M. Knight - you lost a fan there, dude). Hell, I'd rather watch "City of Angels" where Meg Ryan dies.

Jesus. My Pity Party just got worse. I need to go watch "Clueless" or "Mean Girls" to alleviate the pain this movie caused. I'm seriously traumatized.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's one of my favorite Steven King short stories and I refuse to see the movie. Apparently, he wrote the ending for the movie-but I still think it sucks.

I have rarely been impressed with books turned to movies. The only reason why I get through the Harry Potter movies is because I don't go into them expecting the book.

I'd send you some movies, but I'm thinking ones that make you laugh are a bad idea right now.

Anonymous said...

IT WAS THE SUCK...