Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two New Books...

... drop today that I've been eagerly awaiting.

First up is

Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass LookBig, Or Why Pie is Not The Answer by Jen Lancaster. If you haven't read Jen's other two self-indulgent works, my very favorite Bitter is the New Black and Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door to Me? then you are completely missing out. I laughed out loud so many times on an airplane from The Ville to Atlantic City I'm sure my seatmates probably assumed I had Tourette's. Really, they're fabulous. (Jen's blog, Jennsylvania, is in my blog roll at right.)

Second is the 8th Southern Vampire novel

From From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris. I have to read this one sloooooowly (and/ or save it for a trip) because she only writes one a year and I managed to devour the entire series in a couple of weeks. They're wonderfully funny and I'm so completely in love with Eric. (Everyone on Charlaine's messsage board is fully encamped in either Bill, Eric or Quinn. I'm an Eric Girl. **sigh**) The series is being turned into a show called "True Blood" on Showtime, which means Bill's gonna have to shell out the big bucks for upgraded channels come fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like some good reading right there.

Or maybe not.

Gypsydoodlebug said...

Hey! I just finished a book about fundamentalist Mormon radicals! I need some light reading!