Monday, September 29, 2008

Busy Weekend = Tired Monday Morning.

We had one of those super-busy weekends, the kind with little downtime. Friday night we went to dinner with two of my oldest friends, which always turns into a rehash of life in the sorority house*:

Saturday, we had not one but TWO birthday parties. The best part of that was that they were both in the neighborhood -- which meant I could dump them and run. One of the parties had a rented bouncy castle:
I shit you not, manufacturers will slap Disney princesses on everything from notebook paper to toilet paper if they think girls will coerce their parents into buying it. The weather was gorgeous and my child spent all day outside instead of planted in front of the television mindlessly watching "Spongebob Squarepants" for hours on end.

Yesterday could be classified as the "best day ever." My sister-in-law and I went to see the limited engagement running of "RENT Filmed LIVE on Broadway."

Essentially, a camera crew filmed the exact Broadway version. The movie even had a 10-minute intermission. (The cast members playing Roger and Mimi were A-MAZ-ING.)

Eryn and I were the only ones in the theater until about 10 minutes before showtime, when a memaw in a mumu hobbled around the corner. She drew in a gasp and said, "how can it not be packed?" She then hobbled up the stairs, chose a seat and declared the show too long and she's need a potty break. She asked Eryn and I to watch her popcorn (because apparently there are popcorn thieves? WTF?).

RIGHT before the big death scene (I mean, before it even happens), there's a quiet pause. We hear a HUGE sob. Sure enough, it's memaw. Apparently she knew what was coming. Memaw needs to get a grip.

We then had my most favoritest meal ever, Taco Soup, for dinner to celebrate Eryn's birthday.

I'm finally winding down. I think I need a do-over on my weekend since that whole "downtime" thing is utter crap.


* I only WISH our house looked like that. THAT is the beauty which is UCF's house. NICE ONE, ladies!!

1 comment:

Ryan The Intern said...

So for someone who'd never seen Rent, like me...spoiler alert.


I'm devastated.